In this week's lab we used ArcGIS Pro for the first time. We identified the intensity and spatial extent of burned areas in Australia from the 2013 fires. We then used a vegetation index to see how the vegetation has regenerated since the fire.
Thursday, April 13, 2017
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
In this week's lab we used google maps to test the overall accuracy of the LULC map we created in last week's lab. This exercise is valuable as now we know the accuracy of our original attempt in LULC.
Thursday, March 30, 2017
In this week's lab we performed a land use land cover classification (LULC). This classification was done manually and to the second level. The LULC technique can be useful in seeing how landscapes and communities have changed over time.
Thursday, March 23, 2017
In this week's lab we did a supervised classification of Germantown, MD. The supervised classification took a little of the manual labor out compared to the unsupervised classification. The supervised classification allowed us to determine the area of each class through creation of spectral signatures and AOI features.
Thursday, March 9, 2017
In this week's lab we performed and unsupervised image classification in both ERDAS Imagine and ArcMap. We manually classified and recoded pixel values to then calculate the area of permeable and impermeable surfaces at the University of West Florida's campus.
Thursday, March 2, 2017
In this week's lab we worked on enhancement of remotely sensed imagery to increase the readability of an image. We used both ArcMap and ERDAS Imagine to accomplish this. I utilized the high and low pass filtering, and I also used the fourier transformation function, as well as the sharpening function.
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
In this week's lab, we learned how to analyze a multispectral image through using different band combinations. We became familiar with interpreting features based on their thermal infrared. I chose to make the location of fires stand out more using these techniques.